5 Facts You Need to Know Before Getting a Back Surgery
Back surgery is a major decision and a life-altering procedure that many people go through. Before making any decisions, it is important to have all the facts so you can make an informed decision. We’ve compiled five key statistics about back surgery that you need to know before making a decision:
- Over half of all back surgeries fail, leaving patients in pain and requiring additional surgery.
- Back surgery is estimated to cost between $15,000-$50,000 without insurance.
- Recovery times for back surgery can range from weeks to months depending on the severity of the surgery and the type of surgery.
- Complications from back surgery can range from infection to nerve and muscle damage.
- Chiropractic care has been shown to be a better long-term solution for back pain than surgery.
Chiropractic care is a non-invasive option that many people are utilizing to relieve back pain. Studies have shown that chiropractic is effective and has a higher rate of success than back surgery. Chiropractic care is safer and has fewer risks associated with it, as well as a much lower cost.
If you are considering back surgery, it is important to review the statistics and understand the risks associated with it. While it is an option for severe cases, many people are turning to chiropractic care as a safer and more effective solution for back pain.