What is Cold Laser Therapy?
Cold Laser is a Low Laser Therapy that uses laser light to stimulate biological processes below the skin’s surface. Just as plants use sunlight to photosynthesize carbohydrates in their cells, cold laser light stimulates the formation and release of our body’s own healing chemical compounds. In Low Level Laser Therapy, the infrared laser energy has a stimulation effect on tissues by increasing cellular energy.
Cold Laser stimulates the production of collagen, as well as stimulating lymphatic flow which helps to eliminate toxins and excess fluids from the tissues. Studies have shown that the diameter of lymph vessels and lymph flow rates can be doubled with the use of Cold Laser Therapy. By increasing the activity of fibroblasts in the connective tissue collagen is produced, aiding the repair process and stimulating proper tissue granulation to heal inflamed tissue.
The Benefits of Cold Laser Therapy
Photo-therapy has many benefits:
- Increases circulation because new capillaries are formed replacing damaged ones.
- Stimulates the production of collagen. Collagen is the essential protein used to repair damaged tissue and to replace old tissue.
- Stimulates fibroblastic activity. This aids in the tissue repair process, forming collagen fibers.
- Increases lymphatic system activity.
- Biophotons penetrate to the cellular level, correct damaged cells and generate healthy cell formation.
Book Your Appointment for Cold Laser Therapy at Strive Integrative Health Today!
You deserve a chiropractor you can trust. Schedule an appointment with us today to see how we can help!