Natural Beauty DIYs
Feeling stressed lately? Does your skin or hair need a pick-me-up? Take a few minutes in your day to relax and try some of these at-home beauty recipes to pamper yourself a little.
- Avocado Face Mask – This face mask is great for locking moisture into the skin with the healthy fats from the avocado, and it has acne-fighting power from the honey.
- ¼ of an avocado
- 1 tablespoon of plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of honey
Directions: Mash the avocado, then add in the yogurt and honey. Mix everything until combined. Apply a good layer to your face, let it sit for 10 minutes, then rinse off.
- Vanilla Mint Lip Scrub – To brighten dull chapped lips with a sweet minty scent
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 drops peppermint essential oil
- 2 drops vitamin E oil (optional, helps moisturize your lips even more!)
Directions: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Take a small amount and gently scrub your lips, then rinse off. Store this in a container for up to six months!
(from the Midwest Modern Momma : https://midwestmodernmomma.com/vanilla-mint-lip-exfoliator/)
- Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Mask – Hair feeling a little dull? This simple mask is for you. The apple cider vinegar in this is great for clarifying and detangling, getting grime and build up out of your hair while keeping it soft and shiny.
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup of water
- juice of half of a lemon
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 3-6 drops of lavender essential oil (optional, if you don’t like the smell of ACV this can help tone it down!)
Directions: Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, then cover your hair with the mixture. Let it sit in your hair for 10 minutes, or for a deeper treatment you can leave it in for up to half an hour. Rinse it out with warm water.
4. Rose Sugar Face and Body Scrub – This versatile scrub smells amazing and leaves your skin soft and moisturized.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons dried rose petals (optional, makes your sugar scrub look and smell even prettier!)
- ½ tsp vitamin E oil (optional but helps moisturize your skin!)
- 2 teaspoons of rose water, or 5-10 drops of rose essential oil
Directions: Mix all ingredients together until well combined. Store in a jar in your bathroom cabinet for up to a month!
(from The Little Pine: https://www.thelittlepine.com/top-5-homemade-sugar-scrub-recipes/)
***Try out these treatments while drinking tea or reading a book! Taking some time to wind down and practice self-love will help boost your glow from the inside out.